We know that our dad changed more lives then just ours. We would love for you to share your story with us.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Thank You!
We want to thank everyone for the love and support during this difficult time. The outpour of friendship and concern has been so appreciated. Click on the "Comments" link below to share your thoughts and stories with us. Thank you.
Dear Sis Conrad and family Rebekah and I send our love and prayers to you and your family. Our sympathies to you all. I dont know where to begin talking about your husband and father. I can only say that we love him and you. The time that I had the opportunity to know him will forever be one of the most special and magical times in my life. His love and excitment for the Gospel and us as members of the ward was just the nurishment that I needed to alow the seed of my testimony sprout and begin to grow. A beautiful and wonderful time in my life. My story is no different than many who Bishop helped to see the light of the gospel change there lives and be better.He will forever hold a dear spot in my heart for that gift. May our Father in Heaven bless and comfort you at this time. I can still hear in my mind something that Bishop said many times " I am not afraid to die because I have the Gospel" He is with our Father now and I can only imagine his excitment. We wish we could be there to pay tribute to our friend and Brother, Rebekah and I will be attending the temple on friday and out thoughts and prayers will be with you and you names on the alter of the Idaho falls Temple. We love you and thank you for sharing your husband and father with us as it has truly made a difference in our lives.
He was one of the most remarkable people that I ever had the chance to work with and to get to know.
He was there for me during some of the more challenging times of my life and was a true friend and a mentor.
He will be terribly missed and never ever forgotten.
My life was truly blessed by his giving caring and generous attitude. He was very Christlike and was one of the best spiritual leaders I have ever known in my entire life.
I am so sorry to hear of Bishop Conrad's passing. The memory I have of him is his wonderful testimony of the gospel and his smile. He was a wonderful man and I am glad to have had him in my life. I wish I could be there to remember him with all of you.
It is with a heavy heart that I offer my condolences on the passing of your dear Husband and Father. But it is with a happy heart that I recall the wonderful man that he was and the many great things that he did for not only myself but many others. As I’m sure you are all aware Bishop Conrad offered his hand in friendship and service to any who would receive it. His tirelessness of service on my behalf and so many others stand as a testament to his character, his love for all those around him, and his devotion to the gospel. I had the great pleasure of knowing Dean Conrad through family associations as well as being a part of the singles ward during his tenure there. Bishop Conrad ushered me through a particularly transitory period in my life and I am forever thankful for his interest and genuine care for my spiritual well being during that time. He offered his hand in friendship, his ear in counsel and his time for comfort. Anyone who ever met Bishop Conrad knew that he was on their side and that he would do all in his power to serve in any capacity he could. It is the way of our Savior to serve those around us unconditionally and Dean Conrad lived that creed. Inspirational is one word to describe this great man. If you ever attended a meeting, a talk, or an impromptu get together where Bishop Conrad had an opportunity to speak, you know the fervor and the passion that he was able to exude to those around him. You know that he loved the people he served and you know that while we all are not perfect, we were worth his time. I was, and am, deeply affected by Bishop Conrad’s example and the way that he lived what he preached. He made me feel more fully of my Heavenly Father’s Love, he counseled me during the courting of my wonderful wife while we were both in the singles ward, he was there for me anytime that I needed him to be. I am a better person for having known Dean Conrad and that is the true measure of a wonderful man.
Thank you for sharing your Husband and Father with all of us.
I have such wonderful memories of Bishop Conrad. I was among the many who were hesitant to come to a singles ward. I had just come home from my mission and a friend told me that I should come with her to the Foothills Ward. Bishop Conrad greeted me warmly and put me to work right away. He knew that when you serve others you grow closer to the Lord. He showed us this by his example. I always felt his love for the members in the ward. He was a great teacher and a superior speaker. You could not leave a meeting when he spoke and not feel inspired to be better and to know that you were a loved child of God.
I thank you for letting him share his time with us. He was a great blessing in my life and I will always remember him and the lessons that he taught.
I moved to Spokane in 1996 as a single guy and I knew no one in the area. It did not take long for me to feel comfortable in the newly formed singles ward with Dean Conrad at the helm. In my various callings in the ward I worked closely with the bishop and his counselors and enjoyed that very much. You always had to be prepared on Sunday to say few words because you never knew when the bishop was going to call people right out of the congregation to speak. I have fond memories of Dean and that period of my life.
I’m sorry to hear that Bishop Conrad died last night. He was a wonderful person and will be greatly missed by so many. My family has been close with yours and I know Dean and JC best. I think about how happy Dean always was and how nice he was to everyone. I’d like to share one of my favorite memories where he showed me so much kindness when I didn’t really deserve it. I was attending Ricks College at the time and had come home to Spokane on Christmas Break. My sister Amanda, my dad, and I decided to deliver phone books to earn a little extra money. Dean had a green and white cargo van that we all called the “Sprite Van.” He had let our family borrow it before and it was perfect for this little gig because we could load up all the phone books, and sit on the side out of the open sliding door. When we finished for the day and were headed home, I changed lanes into another car who was in my blind spot and wrecked the van. I was horrified that he had been so nice and let us borrow the van and I was going to return it to him wrecked. I showed up at his house and told him what had happened and he could not have been kinder. He didn’t make me feel bad about it at all. In fact, he wouldn’t let me return it because our job wasn’t done. He was so kind and made me feel so much better. As I was leaving he told me to go ahead and wreck the other side so it would match! I appreciated him making me laugh when I felt so bad. My family couldn’t believe it when I returned home in the Sprite Van! It’s rare to meet a person like Bishop Conrad. I feel so blessed to have known Dean and his kindness. Though you’re feeling so much loss at this time, know that others will remember what they have gained from knowing him. You’re in our thoughts.
I would just like to tell you how much of an impact Bishop Conrad has had on my life. I hadn't been extremely active until he became bishop of the singles ward. I have never had any Bishop show me unconditional love and acceptance like he did. He openly welcomed me back into the fold extending such love and support that I will never forget. There will only ever be one Bishop Conrad and I know that he changed the future of my life and countless others. I am grateful for the sacrifices he made along with the rest of your family for the service of others. You are all a wonderful example to us.
My memories of Bishop Conrad include him always being so kind and friendly. Someone that was just happy to greet me. He did so much service to my family growing up.
I was only in the singles ward for a little bit because I was away at Ricks. At Christmas when I came home my sister Emily and I decided we would deliver phone books to make some money for school. Bishop Conrad was so willing to let us borrow his van so that we could take on this job over the break. I think Emily or I was driving and we got in a small acident in the van. We felt horrible about putting dents in a borrowed van. We were scared to death to tell Bishop Conrad. I remember he was so nice and forgiving. What an amazing example of Christ like love. The thing I remember most about Bishop Conrad is just his amazing example of someone who really got why we are here on this earth. He was always on the Lords errand trying to boost everyone else up. So unselfish and loving. He blessed all those he had any contact with. Thankyou for your service as a family. My heart goes out to all of you. I think the last time I was in contact with your family was when I saw J.C. in Orem with his sweet little family over 5 years ago.
You will be in our prayers. God Bless You.
Love, Amanda Stephenson Sainsbury living in Starkville, Mississippi
Please let his family know that I and my own family were all touched by his kindness and strength as a leader in the Church. I felt confident that while in the singles ward in Spokane he truly loved me the most with his huge smile and overwhelmingly kind personality. However, I’m sure there many of my friends and other members in his congregations who feel the exact same as I do. His gift on was that he cared for loved everyone equally and cared for their spiritual welfare. This is where he was and where I want to be in my life. I can only think in my mind that there is now such a huge hole to fill on earth with our loss of Bishop Conrad. I will always remember how he joked about having a “ring” in his Bishop’s desk for me when I was ready to get serious about getting married. I was happy to have had a relationship where we could speak on the same level even though he was coming down to do so. Bishop Conrad lived a solid life of faith and I hope that someday I will have the opportunity to see and visit with him again.
I love Bishop Conrad and my family did as well. What a huge hole to fill.
I am sorry to hear this news. Bishop Conrad played a huge role in my life. When I returned home from my mission in Russia, I really had my heart set on marrying Amy. She was seriously considering going on a mission herself, but I did not want to wait another 18 months. I advised her to speak with Bishop Conrad, and her counseled her to to stay and get married, if she prayed about it and it was right. She did, and of course she stayed, and we were married a few months after. Sunday is 12 years for us. I am literally eternally grateful for his counsel on this and many other things.
Dear Conrad Family, We are sorry to hear the passing of Bishop Conrad and send our love along with so many others whose lives were touched in such a warm and loving way. You are all in our thoughts at this time. With Love, Russ & Jo Lynn Kruse West Jordan, Utah
Dear Conrads, I was so sad to hear that someone so special had left this world, but I was grateful for the memories his passing brought to mind. I met Bishop when he was in the Singles Ward. At the time I was very lonely and a bit lost but Bishop was straight forward and rather blunt about his feelings. He was an excellent example of a Priesthood holder and was very supportive of the difficult decisions I was making at the time. He even spoke at my farewell when one of my decisions led me to a mission. I am so grateful for his guiding influence and his plain speaking. He has always had a special place in my heart and will continue to remain there. Thank you so much.
Bishop Conrad was there for me at a big turning point in my life. I will never forget the love he showed to me when I was feeling at my lowest. I am truly grateful for all of the listening he did and guidance he gave to me to get back on a good path. Every time I see my “Believing Christ” book on my shelf I think of the kindness and understanding he showed to me. I am forever truly grateful for all he did. Just like Pres. Hinkley’s voice, Bishop Conrad’s is one I still remember, as he would get up to the pulpit it was familiar and puts a smile on my face at the first words spoken, I am so thankful for those fond memories that I carry with me of my time in the singles ward with him as my bishop. I love your family so much and hope you find comfort in the memories of what a difference he and your family have made to so many of us.
16 comments:
I hope its ok but I will post comments about him that I've received by email.
Shane Criddle
Dear Sis Conrad and family Rebekah and I send our love and prayers to you and your family. Our sympathies to you all. I dont know where to begin talking about your husband and father. I can only say that we love him and you. The time that I had the opportunity to know him will forever be one of the most special and magical times in my life. His love and excitment for the Gospel and us as members of the ward was just the nurishment that I needed to alow the seed of my testimony sprout and begin to grow. A beautiful and wonderful time in my life. My story is no different than many who Bishop helped to see the light of the gospel change there lives and be better.He will forever hold a dear spot in my heart for that gift. May our Father in Heaven bless and comfort you at this time. I can still hear in my mind something that Bishop said many times " I am not afraid to die because I have the Gospel" He is with our Father now and I can only imagine his excitment. We wish we could be there to pay tribute to our friend and Brother, Rebekah and I will be attending the temple on friday and out thoughts and prayers will be with you and you names on the alter of the Idaho falls Temple. We love you and thank you for sharing your husband and father with us as it has truly made a difference in our lives.
Love Jeremiah and Rebekah (Cabbage) Brock"
Just a thought or 2 about bishop Conrad.
He was one of the most remarkable people that I ever had the chance to work with and to get to know.
He was there for me during some of the more challenging times of my life and was a true friend and a mentor.
He will be terribly missed and never ever forgotten.
My life was truly blessed by his giving caring and generous attitude. He was very Christlike and was one of the best spiritual leaders I have ever known in my entire life.
Thanks for asking for this tribute to his life
Shelden Gubler
I am so sorry to hear of Bishop Conrad's passing. The memory I have of him is his wonderful testimony of the gospel and his smile. He was a wonderful man and I am glad to have had him in my life. I wish I could be there to remember him with all of you.
Much love and prayer's with the Conrad family.
With Love,
Heather Lynn Jones Olson
Dear Conrad Family,
It is with a heavy heart that I offer my condolences on the passing of your dear
Husband and Father.
But it is with a happy heart that I recall the wonderful man that he was and the many great things that he did for not only myself but many others.
As I’m sure you are all aware Bishop Conrad offered his hand in friendship and service to any who would receive it. His tirelessness of service on my behalf and so many others stand as a testament to his character, his love for all those around him, and his devotion to the gospel.
I had the great pleasure of knowing Dean Conrad through family associations as well as being a part of the singles ward during his tenure there. Bishop Conrad ushered me through a particularly transitory period in my life and I am forever thankful for his interest and genuine care for my spiritual well being during that time. He offered his hand in friendship, his ear in counsel and his time for comfort. Anyone who ever met Bishop Conrad knew that he was on their side and that he would do all in his power to serve in any capacity he could. It is the way of our Savior to serve those around us unconditionally and Dean Conrad lived that creed.
Inspirational is one word to describe this great man. If you ever attended a meeting, a talk, or an impromptu get together where Bishop Conrad had an opportunity to speak, you know the fervor and the passion that he was able to exude to those around him. You know that he loved the people he served and you know that while we all are not perfect, we were worth his time.
I was, and am, deeply affected by Bishop Conrad’s example and the way that he lived what he preached. He made me feel more fully of my Heavenly Father’s Love, he counseled me during the courting of my wonderful wife while we were both in the singles ward, he was there for me anytime that I needed him to be. I am a better person for having known Dean Conrad and that is the true measure of a wonderful man.
Thank you for sharing your Husband and Father with all of us.
With deepest gratitude,
Clint Burgess
Dear Conrad Family,
I have such wonderful memories of Bishop Conrad. I was among the many who were hesitant to come to a singles ward. I had just come home from my mission and a friend told me that I should come with her to the Foothills Ward. Bishop Conrad greeted me warmly and put me to work right away. He knew that when you serve others you grow closer to the Lord. He showed us this by his example. I always felt his love for the members in the ward. He was a great teacher and a superior speaker. You could not leave a meeting when he spoke and not feel inspired to be better and to know that you were a loved child of God.
I thank you for letting him share his time with us. He was a great blessing in my life and I will always remember him and the lessons that he taught.
Shannon Stott
I moved to Spokane in 1996 as a single guy and I knew no one in the area.
It did not take long for me to feel comfortable in the newly formed singles
ward with Dean Conrad at the helm. In my various callings in the ward I
worked closely with the bishop and his counselors and enjoyed that very
much. You always had to be prepared on Sunday to say few words because you
never knew when the bishop was going to call people right out of the
congregation to speak. I have fond memories of Dean and that period of my
life.
Casey Robison
Dear Conrad Family,
I’m sorry to hear that Bishop Conrad died last night. He was a wonderful person and will be greatly missed by so many. My family has been close with yours and I know Dean and JC best. I think about how happy Dean always was and how nice he was to everyone. I’d like to share one of my favorite memories where he showed me so much kindness when I didn’t really deserve it.
I was attending Ricks College at the time and had come home to Spokane on Christmas Break. My sister Amanda, my dad, and I decided to deliver phone books to earn a little extra money. Dean had a green and white cargo van that we all called the “Sprite Van.” He had let our family borrow it before and it was perfect for this little gig because we could load up all the phone books, and sit on the side out of the open sliding door. When we finished for the day and were headed home, I changed lanes into another car who was in my blind spot and wrecked the van. I was horrified that he had been so nice and let us borrow the van and I was going to return it to him wrecked. I showed up at his house and told him what had happened and he could not have been kinder. He didn’t make me feel bad about it at all. In fact, he wouldn’t let me return it because our job wasn’t done. He was so kind and made me feel so much better. As I was leaving he told me to go ahead and wreck the other side so it would match! I appreciated him making me laugh when I felt so bad. My family couldn’t believe it when I returned home in the Sprite Van! It’s rare to meet a person like Bishop Conrad.
I feel so blessed to have known Dean and his kindness. Though you’re feeling so much loss at this time, know that others will remember what they have gained from knowing him. You’re in our thoughts.
Sincerely,
Emily Stephenson Smith
I thought he was such an awesome man!
Sarah Thomson Deakins
Dear Sister Conrad and family,
I would just like to tell you how much of an impact Bishop Conrad has had on my life. I hadn't been extremely active until he became bishop of the singles ward. I have never had any Bishop show me unconditional love and acceptance like he did. He openly welcomed me back into the fold extending such love and support that I will never forget. There will only ever be one Bishop Conrad and I know that he changed the future of my life and countless others. I am grateful for the sacrifices he made along with the rest of your family for the service of others. You are all a wonderful example to us.
Much Love-
Amy Thomson Deakins
Dear Conrad Family,
My memories of Bishop Conrad include him always being so kind and friendly. Someone that was just happy to greet me. He did so much service to my family growing up.
I was only in the singles ward for a little bit because I was away at Ricks. At Christmas when I came home my sister Emily and I decided we would deliver phone books to make some money for school. Bishop Conrad was so willing to let us borrow his van so that we could take on this job over the break. I think Emily or I was driving and we got in a small acident in the van. We felt horrible about putting dents in a borrowed van. We were scared to death to tell Bishop Conrad. I remember he was so nice and forgiving. What an amazing example of Christ like love.
The thing I remember most about Bishop Conrad is just his amazing example of someone who really got why we are here on this earth. He was always on the Lords errand trying to boost everyone else up. So unselfish and loving. He blessed all those he had any contact with. Thankyou for your service as a family. My heart goes out to all of you. I think the last time I was in contact with your family was when I saw J.C. in Orem with his sweet little family over 5 years ago.
You will be in our prayers. God Bless You.
Love,
Amanda Stephenson Sainsbury living in Starkville, Mississippi
Please let his family know that I and my own family were all touched by his kindness and strength as a leader in the Church. I felt confident that while in the singles ward in Spokane he truly loved me the most with his huge smile and overwhelmingly kind personality. However, I’m sure there many of my friends and other members in his congregations who feel the exact same as I do. His gift on was that he cared for loved everyone equally and cared for their spiritual welfare. This is where he was and where I want to be in my life. I can only think in my mind that there is now such a huge hole to fill on earth with our loss of Bishop Conrad. I will always remember how he joked about having a “ring” in his Bishop’s desk for me when I was ready to get serious about getting married. I was happy to have had a relationship where we could speak on the same level even though he was coming down to do so. Bishop Conrad lived a solid life of faith and I hope that someday I will have the opportunity to see and visit with him again.
I love Bishop Conrad and my family did as well. What a huge hole to fill.
Sincerely,
Nathan Usher
I am sorry to hear this news. Bishop Conrad played a huge role in my life. When I returned home from my mission in Russia, I really had my heart set on marrying Amy. She was seriously considering going on a mission herself, but I did not want to wait another 18 months. I advised her to speak with Bishop Conrad, and her counseled her to to stay and get married, if she prayed about it and it was right. She did, and of course she stayed, and we were married a few months after. Sunday is 12 years for us. I am literally eternally grateful for his counsel on this and many other things.
Jake Deakins
Dear Conrad Family,
We are sorry to hear the passing of Bishop Conrad and send our love along with so many others whose lives were touched in such a warm and loving way. You are all in our thoughts at this time.
With Love,
Russ & Jo Lynn Kruse
West Jordan, Utah
Dear Conrads,
I was so sad to hear that someone so special had left this world, but I was grateful for the memories his passing brought to mind. I met Bishop when he was in the Singles Ward. At the time I was very lonely and a bit lost but Bishop was straight forward and rather blunt about his feelings. He was an excellent example of a Priesthood holder and was very supportive of the difficult decisions I was making at the time. He even spoke at my farewell when one of my decisions led me to a mission. I am so grateful for his guiding influence and his plain speaking. He has always had a special place in my heart and will continue to remain there. Thank you so much.
Tamy Call Fosburg
Bishop Conrad was there for me at a big turning point in my life. I will never forget the love he showed to me when I was feeling at my lowest. I am truly grateful for all of the listening he did and guidance he gave to me to get back on a good path. Every time I see my “Believing Christ” book on my shelf I think of the kindness and understanding he showed to me. I am forever truly grateful for all he did. Just like Pres. Hinkley’s voice, Bishop Conrad’s is one I still remember, as he would get up to the pulpit it was familiar and puts a smile on my face at the first words spoken, I am so thankful for those fond memories that I carry with me of my time in the singles ward with him as my bishop. I love your family so much and hope you find comfort in the memories of what a difference he and your family have made to so many of us.
Love,
Kristin Burgess
Post a Comment